Although all of our psychotherapy is based on our clients' needs, preferences, and issues here are some useful guidelines:
- Individuals - adults, adolescents / teens and children – are usually scheduled for 50-minute sessions.
- Adults are typically seen once per week, or in some cases once every other week.
- Since treatment for teens and adolescents is often more complicated and / or urgent, we normally see them twice per week initially then move to one session per week if / when appropriate.
- Typically, our couples and family sessions last between 70 - 80 minutes, and, depending on the case, can be done once a week or once every other week.
- Clients who see their psychotherapist once each week, can reasonably expect to be in psychotherapy for 15-30 weeks, depending on their individual circumstances.