After a great many negative experiences with insurance companies, the Awakened Mind Institute decided not to work directly with these companies for the following reasons:
- · Insurance Companies Routinely Violate Patient Confidentiality
- · Insurance Companies Routinely Refuse To Pay For Certain Diagnoses
- · Insurance Companies Limit The Number of Sessions A Patient Can Have
- · Insurance Companies Refuse To Pay For Marriage Counseling And Other Clinical Services
- · Insurance Companies Routinely Interfere With Treatment And Push Providers To Save Money At The Patient's Expense
- · Insurance Companies "Low Ball" Therapist Fees, Ensuring That The Patient Is Most Often Treated By The Least Experienced Clinicians
For all of these reasons and more, AMI is proud to protect its patients by being an out of network provider for all major carriers in the United States. This means that you will pay for clinical services up front, and then seek reimbursement from your insurance carrier using a document called a "super bill," which AMI will provide you. Please also remember, psychotherapy services are valid medical expenses for federal income tax deduction (please consult your tax professional for more details).
Depending upon the plan in question, most patients receive between 50%-75% reimbursement. All of AMI's psychotherapy sessions range from: $125-$175 per session. The precise clinical fee depends on the clinician in question, and the level of intervention being provided.