People don't drown because they can't swim; they drown because they panic.
In working with psychological trauma, the challenge is to learn how to remember without reliving. The therapists at the Denver Psychotherapy Center have been administering PTSD treatment for over 17,000 hours. Our clinical expertise actively helps our clients learn to work with the symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and complex post-traumatic stress disorder (C-PTSD).
Sometimes trauma occurs in a single instance:
...like being in a car accident, or being the victim of a crime, and then sometimes trauma occurs across a long period of time, in multiple instances like being sexually abused as a child, or being bullied at school for years. But whether the trauma is acute or developmental, PTSD is very treatable. The Denver Psychotherapy Center uses only the most effective and scientifically validated therapies, and our success rate for the treatment of PTSD and C-PTSD is well above most national averages.
What are the symptoms of PTSD?
If you are experiencing three or more of the symptoms below, you may be suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and you should seek a diagnostic consultation:
- Feelings of hopelessness and depression.
- Intense anger and a sense of "disconnection" or "disassociation" from your loved ones and your normal life.
- High anxiety and fearful states, even when you are actually safe.
- Profound joylessness, or an inability to take pleasure in things that normally please you (also called anhedonia).
- A powerful feeling of being threatened, "triggered," or "on guard" - even when the situation doesn't warrant it.
- Alcohol and substance abuse to "numb out" the trauma symptomology.
- Sexual dysfunctions of various kinds occurring after the traumatic event.
- Intrusive, dissociative "flashbacks" about the traumatic event.
- Night terrors and sleep walking and / or talking.
- Fear that you'll become over-stimulated or panicked when exposed to crowds, loud noises, and / or bright lights.
If you need PTSD therapy, Denver Psychotherapy Center is the right place to be. Please know there is hope. We can help you. Contact us today by filling out the secure online consultation form.
PTSD Counseling Denver
PTSD Treatment Denver